New Strategic Alliance featuring the American Association of Christian Counselors
Addiction & Recovery • Suicide • Anxiety • Fear • Opioid Addiction • Chronic Stress • Loss • Loneliness • Crisis Response • Marriage and Family • Life Coaching • Divorce… and more!
At AACC, we are so excited to announce a new, strategic alliance with our friends and colleagues at Houston Baptist University (HBU)!
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), HBU has a stellar academic reputation. This unprecedented strategic alliance will provide our members and Light University students with a UNIQUE opportunity to enroll in and earn residential and ONLINE mental health undergraduate and graduate degrees.
HBU President, Dr. Robert Sloan, said, “At Houston Baptist University, our mission is to provide a learning experience that instills in students a passion for academic, spiritual, and professional excellence as a result of our central confession, ‘Jesus Christ is Lord.’ We could not be more pleased about the launch of the new Global Center for Mental Healthcare and Ministry in an academic strategic alliance with the American Association of Christian Counselors. From the opioid addiction crisis to the pornography pandemic ravaging today’s culture, the needs are vast. So many people are hurting and desire Christ-centered professional care. My prayer is that God will use our new, innovative programs and courses to train an army of leaders to help stand in the gap and provide encouragement, hope, and life-giving care and counsel.”
HBU has taken a bold step forward in creating this Global Center for Mental Healthcare and Ministry. I believe they are poised to immediately influence and become a national and international voice for Christian care and counseling. For years, I have been saying the future of online education belongs to universities that will build strong educational curricula that feature classroom instruction with some of the best mental health educators and experts in the world. HBU is doing just that! They have developed a prominent curriculum that is student-centered and focused on outcomes and clinical skills-based education.
ONLINE ACADEMIC PROGRAMS NOW AVAILABLE
Featuring video-based lectures, interactivity and multimedia instruction
The Global Center’s new ONLINE degree programs include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with concentrations in:
1. Christian Counseling
2. Marriage and Family Studies
And, you can apply your Light University courses for up 15 credits! Keep reading for more information on our transfer agreement.
• Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This program prepares students for careers in counseling-related fields by offering advanced preparation in counseling, assessment, diagnosis, research and treatment methods. It includes a practicum under the supervision of a licensed mental health provider supervisor and internship requirements. Graduates of this program may be eligible to apply for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
• Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy. This program is designed to provide graduate coursework to those seeking to work with couples and families as a licensed marriage and family therapist. The coursework provided meets the academic requirements as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the state of Texas.
• Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling. This degree is designed to give you a solid foundation in the study of human behavior and equip you with the practical helping skills you need to make a lasting impact on those around you. In addition to an in-depth study of mental health care, you’ll combine best practices in the industry with specialized coursework so that you can graduate with confidence in your professional capacity to help others.
• Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling. This program provides graduate coursework to those seeking to work more effectively helping others in their current ministries.
Areas of concentrations you may choose from for Human Services Counseling and Pastoral Counseling:
- Addiction and Recovery
- Crisis Response
- Human Sexuality
- Marriage & Family
- Military & Veteran Care and Counseling
- Professional Life Coaching
• Doctorate of Education – Executive Leadership in Mental Health and Human Services.This doctoral degree (Ed.D.) is currently pending SACSCOC approval; however, you can begin this program of study now and be further along toward this degree once we receive official notification of approval. This degree includes courses on subjects such as Community Mental Health; Program Planning; Policies, Economics, and Services; Multicultural Issues; and Trauma Care.
Anchored by the faculty and housed in the prestigious HBU College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, these degrees feature online video with some of America’s leading experts, offering exciting studies in the most challenging and critical issues facing today’s society.
If you sense a leading from the Lord to go back to school to further your education, I encourage you to consider what is happening at HBU.
By completing an online program from the comfort of your home or office, you can quickly increase your knowledge and skills to help people and become a strong voice of hope to your church, community, family, and friends.
The new era of ONLINE program and course development ...
Learn from some of the brightest minds in the field
Eric Johnson, Ph.D.
Ev Worthington, Jr.
Siang-Yang Tan, Ph.D.
Renata Nero, Ph.D.
Ian Jones, Ph.D., Ph.D.
Greg Jantz, Ph.D.
Mark Crear, Ph.D.
John Spoede, Jr., Ph.D.
If you or a family member have served or are currently serving in the military and are eligible for military education benefits, HBU is designated as a Military Friendly Gold School. This means you qualify for special tuition benefits through the Yellow Program at HBU.
Special AACC/Light University Celebration Scholarship
Because you are, or have been, affiliated with AACC, HBU is offering you a 15% off Celebration Tuition Scholarship. This scholarship applies toward ANY of the degree programs offered online from the Global Center for Mental Healthcare and Ministry.
Undergraduate Academic Credit for Light University Courses
As a result of this alliance, students who complete, or have completed, select programs of study at Light University, either online or via DVD, will be able to earn up to 15 college credits toward an undergraduate degree in Psychology at HBU.
You may be closer to an undergraduate degree in Psychology than you think! If you have completed one of the following Light University programs, you already have college credit toward an HBU bachelor’s degree in Psychology! All you need to do to get started is apply for admission to HBU!
Have you completed any of the following Light University courses?
Caring for People God’s Way; Breaking Free; Marriage Works; Family Solid Foundations (Dobson); Caring for Kids God’s Way; Caring for Teens God’s Way; Healthy Sexuality; Treating Sexual Addiction; Caring for Seniors God’s Way (201); or Introduction to Grief and Loss
BICO 105: Introduction to Biblical Counseling I; BICO 110: Introduction to Biblical Counseling II; MFRL 205: Marriage & Family: Building a Solid Foundation; MRCO 502: Communication and Conflict; MRCO 505: Divorce & Remarriage; MFRL 201: Coaching Today’s Children & Adolescents: Issues & Strategies; MFRL 203: Parenting & Child Discipline: Raising Healthy Kids; MRFL 209: Healthy Sexuality: A Biblical Framework; MFCO 503: Love, Sex, and Relationships; GLCO 101: Introduction to Grief and Loss; GLCO 503: Depression, the Grief Cycle, and Intervention; and GLCO 504: Death and Dying
To find out how you can apply your Light University courses for college credit, call and speak to one of our Light University academic coaches at 1-800-526-8673 today.
If you have always wanted to increase your knowledge and skills in caregiving and earn an undergraduate or graduate degree, now is the perfect time to do so!
To get started:
Option 1: Call and speak to one of the HBU admissions consultants at 855-428-1960 for assistance in applying for admission.
Option 2: Go online to apply for the bachelor’s degree in Psychology or apply for any of the other degree programs.
Make sure you use this link to ensure you receive your 15% discount Celebration Tuition Scholarship and application fee waiver.
I hope you take advantage of this tremendous opportunity to complete the degree you’ve always wanted and increase your effectiveness as a people-helper.
I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in and through HBU.
Tim Clinton, Ed.D., LPC, LMFT
P.S. – Don’t miss the 15% discount Celebration Tuition Scholarship… and remember, you can apply earned Light University Course Certificates for up to 15 credits toward the HBU Bachelor of Psychology degree. Call 800-526-8673 now and speak with one of our Light University academic coaches to find out how!
AACC is committed to assisting Christian counselors, the entire ‘community of care,’ licensed professionals, pastors, and lay church members. Our goal is to equip clinical, pastoral, and lay caregivers with biblical truth and psychosocial insights that minister to hurting people and help them move to personal wholeness, interpersonal competence, mental stability, and spiritual maturity.