Things don’t get done by themselves. Someone has to be at the forefront of acting strategically. Leaders are essential to any organization or society, however, leadership is not entirely a “natural” quality. Much of what makes an effective executive or volunteer leader is built and developed upon that person’s natural capacities and personality. In this course, coaching professionals will teach key principles, considerations, and skills needed to become a great leader. Special attention in given to best practices for coaches to implement these leadership principles in professional executive and leadership coaching.
In this course, coaching professionals will teach key principles, considerations, and skills needed to become a great leader. Special attention in given to best practices for coaches to implement these leadership principles in professional executive and leadership coaching.
- MLCL 101: Life Leadership: What Separates PeopleWhat delineates between the people who “want to do great things” and those who actually “do great things”? In this lecture, Dr. Clinton tackles the real issues behind being not only a successful leader, but a great one.
- MLCL 102: Unity: The First Task of a LeaderThe first major task of any leader is to develop unity among his/her organizational team. In this lecture, Rolfe Carawan covers the steps needed to ensure that unity is at the foundational core of staff functioning and performance.
- MLCL 103: Ambassadors of Christ: The Message of Servant LeadershipA great leader is first a servant. Following Christ’s example of servant leadership, Dr. Scalise takes you through the core principles of His life, ministry, and leadership style within the context of leading as God’s ambassadors.
- MLCL 104: Essential Elements of Effective Leadership CoachingThings don’t get done by themselves. Someone has to be at the forefront of acting strategically. From leading experts in Life and Leadership Coaching, Dwight Bain, Georgia Shaffer, and Dr. Scalise, comes this lecture that examines five essential elements that are necessary to effective leadership coaching.
- MLCL 105: Finding Your Voice: Every Leader Has a StoryAs a leader, it is important to know the mission and vision God has given a leader for life. In this lecture, Rolfe Carawan examines what it means to help a coach and his/her clients use a personal mission and vision as a basis for effective leadership coaching.
- MLCL 106: Strategies to Empower the Executives You CoachA coach’s job is to help leaders develop a keener sense of self-awareness. Leadership Coach, Georgia Shaffer, addresses key strategies to explore with executives that will empower them to become successful leaders.
- MLCL 107: Leading Through Tough Times: Managing Change and TransitionLife is full of tough moments, change, and transition. Personal experiences of staff members affect organizational success. Rolfe Carawan helps educate and inform coaches in how to mobilize executive leaders to manage these crisis moments.
- MLCL 108: Culturally Competent LeadershipCoaches cannot be culturally isolated and uninformed if they are to successfully help others. Professional leaders within the African-American community, Dr. Crear and Dr. Atty. Finner-Williams, along with leadership expert, Dr. Scalise, discuss factors that will help motivate, encourage, and prepare coaches to increase their skills in cultural competency.
- MLCL 109: Leading Multiple GenerationsLeading an organization representing the various generations that may be present is always an important dynamic in coaching. Rolfe Carawan clearly defines how different generations are formed, how they interact, and how this applies in coaching and leadership.
- MLCL 110: Project Management for LeadersOne component of effective leadership is project management. Part of a coach’s role is to help his/her client define the project and put it into manageable pieces that can be successfully addressed. Dwight Bain provides effective tools needed to accomplish this task.
- MLCL 111: Leaders Partnering at home and at WorkCouples who work together bring a unique challenge to any organization or business. This lecture from married business partners, Rolfe and Lea Carawan, along with Dr. Scalise, will explore boundary setting and the balance between home and work.
- MLCL 112: Becoming a Great Leader: Running the Race with EnduranceWe live in a culture of uncertainty that clamors for character and authentic leadership. This lecture covers the core principles and factors needed for a good leader to become great through a servant approach.